Thursday, November 26, 2009

chinese children's camp. UGH

Ok, first before anything, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEICHEN AND CHANTEL!!
Well happy be-lated birthday anyway :)
Had fun celebrating their birthdays.
Anyway, so tomorrow marks the start of the children's camp! Which is both dedicated to introducing children to God and CONVERTING US TO CHINESE SPEAKING FREAKS.
Yep; everyone has to speak chinese there (including us helpers). And my gosh, the whole time schedule and well, everything in the camp booklet is in CHINESE. So, that makes me a camp helper illiterate? I mean, how am I supposed to tell the kids in my group what is going on when I myself don't even know how to read some of the words in the booklet?!?! Oh well, I'll just have to rely on the pictures printed on the side. -.-
Anyway, so yep, I am an assistant group leader and a musician, working with my sis and some scary singer woman called Kelly. Eurgh. All the songs in camp are in Chinese too! All cheesy chinese songs which I am supposed to play drums to? Hmm.
Oh, one more interesting fact. My group is called ''Pomegranate''. You know? The yucky fruit that both Valencia and I hate when mixed with cranberry. The ad? ''Cranberry. Pomegranate. Cranberry.Pomegranate.Cranberry.Pomegranate.'' and it just keeps getting faster and faster? Let's see... Pomegranate in chinese is ...石榴. Weird. Whatev, I'll just say pomegranate throughout the camp. hah. Stop me if you can.
So yes, ftw if I screw up my drums on today and tomorrow.
:P


Don't worry english; I'll never forsake you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home